Ithaca’s Common Council meets Wednesday, July 6 at 6pm in Council Chambers at City Hall (108 E. Green Street). Go here to find the full agenda. You can watch us online live here or visit us in person and speak during the public comment period.
A summary of the agenda follows.
A consent agenda packages routine and non-controversial items not requiring discussion or independent action as one agenda item. On this list are:
- allowing Simeon’s (reopening soon!) and Mia to serve alcohol outdoors
- amending the police department budget to account for SWAT training IPD hosted
- approval to display names of donors to Cass Park Ice Rink’s renovations
- easement for Chapter House reconstruction for installation of footers and awnings
City Administration Committee
This committee reviews financial and administrative issues pertaining to the city, including workforce environment, inter-governmental relations, and human resources. Items coming out of last month’s CA meeting include:
- Modification of a $455,000 capital project for repair and refurbish of a pumper truck to increase funding to $555,000 and instead purchase a new pumper truck
- Creation of a “capital project” (structure under which infrastructure projects are funded) from a NYSERDA grant to study feasibility of a nodal microgrid in the City
- Labor contracts with city employees
- Update on the request for proposals for the law enforcement consolidation study (an update was given to the Tompkins County legislature recently as well)
Planning and Economic Development Committee
This committee addresses city planning, housing, land use, zoning, historic preservation, and items pertaining to economic development in the city.
Just one item out of the Planning and Economic Development committee this month: an administrative change to the city’s agreement with the Ithaca Urban Renewal Agency that will free up some time for IURA staff to develop a housing strategy for the City of Ithaca. More info in the packet.